Anybody use a Rock climbing training board as part of their workout?

Fine409

• Baller

Was over at a friends house and they had one of these. I was amazed at how difficult some of the holds and pull-ups were from some of the various positions on the board.

Based on how sore my fingers and forearms were, I had to order one up. Seems like a good way to build up some strength for skiing.

http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/simulator.html

• Baller
I have one at home that I mostly use for pull ups. You have to be careful when you push the smaller holds because you can hurt your fingers/hands if you are not ready for it. I have rock climbed in gyms on and off over the years and during the on years it made the transition into the water easy, especially for my forearms.

• Baller_
I do not have one but for 2 years I did indoor rock climbing. To this day it is the only cross training I have run across that hits many if not all the same muscles used in skiing. At least the same muscles felt stupid sore after first couple sessions and included core and legs big time. Plus...FUN. Even though you're tethered and falling is not a worry, your brain does not trust it. YOUR BODY DOES NOT WANT TO FALL OFF THE WALL. It keeps you on the wall, keeps you climbing, and for me kept my interest (adrenaline) well past what any boring workout would do. Highly recommend it.