The Sundance Skier - Steven Nyman

Horton

• Baller

Today: first training run for the Mens DH at the Worlds in Beaver Creek. Tentative local time is

1:30pm (Mountain Standard Time). Nyman is bib # 9. See:

http://www.fis-ski.com/vail2015/events-and-places/sector=al/event=34977/race=78929/

You can 'watch' it live at:

http://live.fis-ski.com/liveal0210.htm

Steve is one of 7 US Men in the field, including Bode Miller.

Earlier, at 11am MST, is the Womens SG. 'Watch' it at: http://live.fis-ski.com/liveal5207.htm

With Lindsey Vonn and other strong contenders. Yesterday's DH training run was 'won' by

Stacey Cook in windy conditions.

• Baller
Good to hear from you @jimbrake . We made the move to the mtns so the kids could train at Vail. The World Championships are a huge deal up here, tons of people from all over, live music every day, lots of work for locals and the 2200 volunteers. We've been watching events from up close - I'm one of the dye crew (painting the blue lines on the courses) for the event, and the kids have been on the slip crew (60+mph slipping for some of them on the DH course). The coolest thing that you don't get on tv is the sound the WC downhillers make when they go by - sounds like a freight train passing.

• Baller

Awesome @johnN - before the downhill is run, I think you should write "BOS" on the course somewhere so we can see it on Universal Sports/NBC.

So are the kids still water skiing in the summers or do they spend all their time training at Hood and in Chile or NZ?

• Baller

Funny how things happen sometimes. Was flipping through facebook and saw marcus' video post about Nyman so I watched it.

Changed the channel on the tv after watching the vid, and who's at the starting gate? Steven Nyman. Balls out run he had, bode-esqe. just bit off a bit too much at times in his run.

• Baller

What's all this crap about winter? I'm flying home tomorrow and putting the plugs back in the Nautique! Now, it would be nice if I could get the physical therapist to clear me to ski, but I'll just go easy. Easy-ish

That is an awesome video though. Gutsy stuff

• Baller
Catching up on a day off of races (for me). @jimbrake the kids are still psyched to waterski, but the summer camps are becoming more important. I know they'll have a chunk at Mt Bachelor, and maybe a little overseas. Saw your message about painting BOS a little too late - would have been good :-). Talk about a small world - after the snow talk on this thread who do I get introduced to Saturday at the end of the day but @MarcusBrown, skiing with a buddy of mine.