Connelly Carbon V Settings

MickeyThompson

• Baller
@Connelly_Skis_Inc Is the depth listed correct? 2.429 is much shallower than I’ve ever seen listed on a ski. Maybe that’s a typo and should read 2.492? The length is very short also. Is that measurement with the jaws or tips? Thanks for any clarification you can give.

• Members

This is probably as good a place as any to ask. I've been riding my Carbon V for three seasons now and was feeling fairly confident on it at -22 and even had some complete -28 passes under my belt with the dual Enzo boots on the stock settings. Early this season, I pushed the front boot forward 1/4" from 29 1/4" up to 29 1/2" and it felt great. I owned -22 with lots of space and time to spare.

I recently got a set of OB4 bindings, mostly for the safety aspect. I set them up with the same front boot position (29 1/2"). Unfortunately, my season was interrupted by work stuff for the better part of two weeks before I got a chance to ski the new rig. The good news is that they release very clean in an OTF, as I knew in the air I was already free of the ski. Relatively painless, honestly.

More to the point, things feel really different. I expected that, but it's not how I expected. The lateral control isn't much different that I had with my Enzo's since I always ran them tight. The big difference is that the ski feels MUCH stiffer underfoot from the addition of the plate and rigid boots. I'm having trouble finding my stack position and leverage now, as the trip from the ball to the first wake feels completely different. What am I missing? Is there really a big stiffness change" If so, how does one adjust? (If I get another ski for next season, is this a factor?)

In the mean time, I've dropped back to -15/-22 to work on the basics and my form. But 4 sessions later, I'm not feeling like it's coming back like it did after a 7 month winter. Summer is short here in MI, so I'm open to suggestions.