Free Ski for my Wife

supersonicus

Hi Gang,

Considering something for my lovely wife. I've got an old school Connelly Wake Special in the arsinal or am I better off purchasing one of the new variety of free skis?

Here's the facts:

-She knows how to slalom although its been many moons.

-She's stubborn and does not want to drop one to get back in the grove, she wants to "just" get up.

-She has nagging (minor, but big to her) issues with one of her knees.

-She does not have any interest in the course for the foreseeable future and will ski a low speeds.

-Most importantly, me and the kids really really need this to go well!

Thanks,

Matt

• Baller
Yes, HO Free Ride. Fun ski, makes deep water starts very easy, can cut hard if you want, but also very stable when going straight, it is not always searching for an edge. Pretty effortless too, I tried one and could have skied all day.

• Baller
When my wife got back into skiing at the age of 57 I got an HO Triumph for her which was great for her confidence, she had no plans to run the course but 4 years later she is running it on her blue Fischer, never say never.

• Baller
@supersonicus , unfortunately no, didn't directly compare the two. Can only speak for the Free Ride. The Free Ride is my play ski for choppy days, I have an S1 when I ski the course. I am sure the TX is also a great ski, just might want to check recommended speeds as far as how fast she wants to go. I am sure any of the options discussed above will work well. And I second @lcarnes , comment about Coble Ski School Women's Week in September, it is a lot of fun, and women of all levels attend.