Jack Hanna

Dirt

• Baller

Many of you know multi-time National Medalist,Champion Skier, Senior Driver and Judge, Jack Hanna. He has been a fixture in the sport for decades.

His family asked me to pass along some sad news to his water sking family. He has been diagnosed with terminal skin cancer and is in the hospital in Las Vegas.

His cell is 702 767-2020

famousjac@hotmail.com

Please don't send flowers. If you want to send a card, pm me and I will get the address to you.

I'm lucky enough to have spent some time with him at the collage tournament held a Sundown 1 a couple weeks ago. He was upbeat and drove several events. He was concerned about getting enough time in the boat to make sure he kept his Senior Driver rating. What a great guy!

Love you Jack! God bless you!

• Baller_
Were he to post here, I'm sure he would remind us to wear sunscreen and a hat, and to make regular visits to the dermatologist. Many conditions that become cancer are discoverable and treatable well before they become a big problem. Poor guy. May God bless him and his family.

Lpskier

• Baller

Jack is a good guy, and let's not write him off. Don't say "terminal", as there are always advancements these days. Back in the Back When, all of us were unaware of what sun exposure

could do, and he isn't the only oldtime skier/judge dealing with skin cancer.

I've has the pleasure of working with Jack at the last couple ASU fund raiser tournaments in Phoenix. Having struggled with skin cancer myself this news is hard to accept. I'll reach out to him soon. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

• Baller

Update:

I just spoke to Jack. He is alert and in good spirits considering the circumstances. The doctors are sending him home today. They are managing the pain and talking hospice when the time comes. He appreciates the phone calls and emails.

• Baller

Jack lived life to the fullest.

He looked forward to every skiing opportunity no matter.

He coached and provided rides for countless numbers of skiers.

He was a Pan Am judge, Senior Driver, and Judge.

He announced many tournaments including Regionals and Nationals.

Chief Judge of Western Regionals , Appointed at many Nationals and a favorite Chief Judge of tourneys in Florida at the McCormicks.

Frank Sinatra sang, "I did it my way", so did Jack.