FCC Question

cvaught

• Baller

I have a 2005 Ski Nautique 196. Recently the leads into the top of my FCC developed a major fuel leak. I read the notice recently from PCM about this and ordered the replacement part. I installed the replacement part and a new fuel filter and re-installed the canister. Now the boat won't crank. I have checked the leads multiple times and everything appears to be connected. It feels like both the lower pump and the canister vibrate when I use the switch to prime the fuel system. Unfortunately, there is no fuel in the FCC after priming as if the lower pump is no longer working. Seems odd that the lower pump would suddenly fail at the same time. Is there a chance that running it with a leak for a short period of time has created some type of air lock? Would manually filling the canister with fuel and cranking the engine possible fix the problem or should I not do that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Chris

• Baller
Update: I removed the line between the lower pump and the canister. No fuel coming out of the lower pump when I cycle the ignition on. Must either be the fuel pump or something in the line between the pump and the tank. I will plan to order a pump but if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

• Baller

Not anything the same but I remember solving a weird fuel delivery problem in an old boat by covering the gas tank overflow vent and blowing in the tank fuel fill. Primed things and got it working again. Easy to try at least.

My 04 MC went through a lot of in tank fuel pumps.

Eric

• Baller
My mistake. Engine cranks but doesn't start. I'm pretty sure it is the fuel pump. I pulled the old one off and then hooked it up to a short hose in a can and it still isn't pumping.