Perfect Pass 6.0 issue

igkya

• Baller

PP ran fine at end of last year. This year, it won't settle back to speed after engaging. We found that if we turn the servo counter clockwise after starting the engine, it seems to work fine... as long as we keep the engine running. Every time we stop/start the engine, we have to repeat the procedure. Boat is 2006 Ski Nautique.

I ran linkage and servo tests and they seem fine. Could be return spring, but why would it seem to work after we manually rotate the servo?

Thoughts/suggestions?

• Baller_
Perhaps a weak battery or bad connections not allowing the servo to get proper voltage? Batteries tend not to like winter storage. Corrosion in the servo motor requiring more voltage or effort to restore the servo to it's ccw position. These thoughts don't align with a successful servo test so not a lot of confidence. I would try a stiffer spring, I did that and the CFO thinks the system works better.

• Baller
I had a similar problem with our 2004 LXI last year, the speed would sometimes not settle back down after pulling a skier up. Winding up the knob on the PP servo would fix it for a while. All other checks proved ok. Finally it turned out that the throttle cable form the servo back had frayed inside the cable housing and was catching, the spring couldn't overcome the friction. A new cable fed ex'd from PP got us up and running before the next weekend