Spare Water Area, How About Some Extra Action !

Stevie Boy

• Baller
@6balls No shortage of lawyers here, Baylor law school is one of the best and it right there in Waco. The cable parks are just as bad or worse with all the rails they have now. I see the videos and no ever has a helment on. I don't see how any company would even insure it.

• Baller
Lawsuit? It's really sad that some in our world are so consumed with suing somebody for there own lack of judgment or taking the opportunity to create wealth because they refuse to accept responsibility for the assumption of risk they take with certain sports or activity. If it looks dangerous in your perspective then don't do it. The mind set to look at everything as a possible lawsuit is pathetic.

• Baller

What the video shows is likely just an exhibition. Looks like a select group of photogenic

people participating. It is difficult to believe that the operators would allow some stunts

on a regular basis. Like the doubles, tube ride, bicycle, people standing next to the takeoff

lip, unleashed dogs, and selfie sticks. No obvious lifeguards or start control people stationed

at the top.

As a water skier, especially a former jumper, I know that hitting the water 'wrong' from such

heights and speeds can knock the wind out of you, and even render you unconscious. Very

unlikely what we are seeing represents what is happening on a daily basis.

• Baller

@Edbrazil is probably right. Totally looks like a photo shoot video to promote the ethos of extreme sports and extreme fun. I suspect on a regular day, no one is lingering at take off, no bikes allowed, the most radical trick will be the attempted flip with the typically amateur back splat or face plant landing.

BSR seems like a cool place. I haven't been there, yet. However, they have on site bar and grill, huge hot tub, lazy river tubing, golf range into a separate lake, large pavilion, cabins, RV park, live music, beaches, the cable lake and a bi-level cable lake with adjoining ramps/rails, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/BSRcablepark

Basically, they anchored their business around wake boarding, but offered activities for the non-skier friends and families to enjoy while on site. Pretty smart if you ask me. Same kind of approach has been taken by another nearby cable park: http://texasskiranch.com/ (which offers simulated snow hill activities, BMX/Skate, Trampoline park, etc.)

Can you imagine if Competitive 3-EV Ski Lake sites were developed with the same approach of family fun? Or what if one of these cable park sites added a water ski cable lake designed with a beginner's cable for learning and then another cable for slalom course via cable?

• Baller

@LLUSA it is said for sure. It's one of the reasons I shut down a business I had a few years ago, could not get insurance anymore. Seems personal accountability is a rare thing and the courts are all to eager to award large settlements.

Some friends of mine had property on a river. A guest of theirs (who was a lawyer) got drunk and drowned tubing on the river no were near there property. The guys wife sued and won a huge settlement because my friends shouldn't have let the guy on the river drunk.

That's the mind set you have deal with these days unfortunately.