Trailer for Nautique 206

Spuddy

• Baller
I went to view a 2004 Nautique 206 that is up for auction tomorrow. The boat looks to be in almost perfect condition, has only 57 hours. One big kicker is the trailer it is being sold with is only rated for 1800 lb, the 206 is in the range of 2800 lb I believe. So just throwing it out there, how dangerous is this boat on that trailer? I would not be doing much towing, a few miles a year from boat house to launch and that is all, or would this be a new trailer. It's a shore lander trailer. Also wonder that direct drive boat would be that small?

• Baller

Some of the old 60s inboards are that light, and that's actually the only time I've seen those Shorelander's under an inboard. Relatively speaking, the Shorelander's are cheap.

My guess is that either the owner never had a trailer and bought something cheap to get it sold, or the trailer was destroyed, and they bought something cheap to get sold. I would guess that the axle, wheels and tires are undersized for a 2800 pound boat. Possibly the coupler. Hard to say on the structure. The wishbone trailers aren't terribly beefy, and they've worked fine for years.

My $.02

BKH