Anyone a member at Wake Island near Sacramento?

• Baller

Wake Island near Sacramento used to be two ski lakes and the current owner modified one of the ski lakes to be half cable park and now half "aqua park" (one of those elaborate floating obstacle courses that my kids would absolutely love). I stopped by the place to check it out about a year ago on a warm Saturday afternoon and the cable park was quite busy but there no activity on the ski lake. When I was there the wind was moderately strong but the ski lake was pristine, protected by a tall berm and lots of tall trees.

I don't have experience with private ski lakes, but this one looks like a really fun place to bring family and friends. Not sure I could convince my wife to go for the $2K membership fee, but am wondering if anyone else is using this site and if you like it. If you are a member here, what do you like and dislike about it?

• Baller

I was a member there until they turned one half of it into a wake board cable park. I know two people that were members there last year, but I have not talked to them in a long while. I have heard the the slalom lake is usually pretty quiet there with only a few members. It skies pretty well year round. A NW wind will blow it out with a wind cutting through the clearing where the owners house is situated. Typical SW summer winds are not a problem.

Before we left the current owner had not done any maintenance/upkeep on the slalom lake while he was working on building up the wake board park. I am not sure what care has been done to the slalom lake. When we left the shore needed major work to repair the graded slope. There were several areas where shore errosion created wave rollers that propagated down the course. At the time the owner knew about wake boarding and did not understand slalom and the needs of course and lake maintenance.

You would need to check it out and see if it is a place for you.

• Baller
I used too ski there too , I don't know of anybody who still does. I stopped by not long ago to check out some wakeboarding and eat lunch. They have a beach hut deli and sell beer. No one on the ski lake , but it looked good. I like that they paved the road in and parking.Used to be all dirt. The only downfall I can see is that the owners priority is in the cable park and now that obstacle course.

• Baller
I talked to my friend today that is still a member at Wake Island. He and his buddy ski at lunch time and they always have the lake to themselves. They skied on one Friday afternoon and evening recently and there were 3 other boats to share the rotation with. I don't know how many members Noel keeps on the lake, or what his limit is set at. When there were 2 lakes there was a 20 member limit on easy lake. Noel talked about a 25 member limit on the one lake, but that is when we left with 4 members.