Reflex binding question

dude

I just got reflex double boots with white cuffs (always been a double boot skier and didn't want to try R style yet). I have not skied on them yet but it feels like the flexion strap on the rear boot will not give me the flexibility I need to be over the front of

the ski. Seems like I should remove it from the rear boot so I can move my rear chin more. Thoughts? Thanks

• Baller
Limiting the flex of your boots is not the answer, as long as your leg/ankle cannot move past 45 degrees, there is little danger of injury. Double boots require consideration of ankle to ankle distance. Flexibility of the rear foot is a huge issue in performance.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

@Rico226 thanks for the tip. That adjustment made quite a bit of difference.

@Andre I have seen lots of pictures on line of skiers wearing double reflex and I saw Terry Winter using them at last years California Pro Am. I will find out tomorrow if I like them.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

• Baller

@dude - I tried the double reflex setup, could not ski with them, I need some lift on my back foot and that was impossible with the the double setup - ended with r-style, perfect in my opinion.

@Andre - Last time I saw Thierry Malhoume he was skiing with the double reflex setup