radar theory

moosegrava

The Radar Theory is a wide ski that is very stable. I use on for the Wide Ride division in the INT. It turns reasonably well and can be skied in the course up to about 32 mph, but is best at 28 or 30 mph. Since it is wider, it is less "work" to ski as it glides fairly well. So, for heavier skiers, it is a good choice. If your goal is shortline skiing at 34 or 36 mph you would be better served with a Senate (my other ski) or a Vapor (very fast and a lot of fun). Radar skis are almost universally stable and easy to ski, but that depends upon speed. A Vapor does not react well at speeds less than 32 mph.

• Baller

The Theory is a great ski.

Very forgiving and support fast progress.

If you ski 34 I would guess the Senate is a better ski.

Maybe consider the Radar Vector bindings?

Fwiw

Johan Efverström told me that he did ski the Theory 12m/35 off@34 and the Senate 11m@36.

You have to decide if you are free-skiing or in the slalom course. Beginning in the course, the Theory is excellent. Jumping onto a high performance ski too soon can lead to bad habits. At slower speeds and longer line lengths the extra width really help you develop good body position habits - with proper coaching. You don't have driver's training in a Porsche 911 SC. Take it one step at a time and you will do much better - and faster.

• Baller
I'm riding a Vapor at 34mph and am fighting my bad habits. I got on my cousins new Theory and just put in an open water set. That ski feels great. It casts wide, easily and just all around felt good. It did not reward bad body position in aggressive turns and wake crossing. It actually forced me to get into better position for a good ride, which I really liked. That may be difficult for a very inexperienced skier to translate (what the ski is asking for). That was my only concern. Aside from which, it's freaking awesome.