V-Type Numbers

Stevie Boy

• Baller
My ski buddy went from 66 radar strada to 67" V-type he has had to move the bindings forward one hole anybody got some numbers that work , that will make the ski feel a tad smaller, it seems he is having trouble dealing with a bigger turning radius, I have suggested moving the fin forward and maybe do something with the depth any ideas ?

• Administrators

@Stevie Boy What does one hole forward mean?

Please Please Please measure your binding placement and ignore what hole on the binding plate that puts you.

• Baller

@Horton thanks for numbers, one hole forward means he moved the binding forward to the next hole so front binding would be say 29 11/16" from tail, something I not do, but he said the ski was not turning that well and felt he was on the back of it.

I set the fin up at stock with the bindings @ 29 1/2 somebody else told him to move the binding forward.

Apologies for the hole thing, believe me when I say I am OCD when it comes to measurements on a ski, being an retired Aeronautical Engineer, one thou out is not good enough, takes me for ever to adjust a ski to where I want it, especially when you tighten the fin clamp and it moves.

• Administrators

ok @Stevie Boy just making sure. it is hard to know what everyone knows and so many skiers think the binding holes mean something.

I am surprised you feel the need to move the bindings forward. Is the issue on side or off side?

• Baller

Moving the Binding forward was not my suggestion, the ski looks symmetrical, I think he has trouble getting centered on the ski, the turns do not look that snappy, they look lazy, he seems to have trouble getting angle, which surprised me.

He was skiing a whole lot better on his fairly old silver strada

• Baller

@Stevie Boy I took some depth out from there and found it helped the sk8 roll over a bit more, which is almost bang on to @Hortons numbers with just a little more dft. Pretty confident length needs to be at 6.875. Tried longer and shorter and neither felt good at all.

Now Just ran an open water set with @savaiusini long and shallow numbers and will try them in the course next chance I get. Definitely NOT as out there as I thought. Felt instantly comfortable on it.