Goode Powershells back boot keeps moving

evolski

• Baller

I have a set of Goode Powershell 5. and I am trying to keep the back boot almost straight. Unfortunately after a set or so the heal canters (during the set). I have cranked down the screws, have put dock tape under the front of the back boot (the heal has the spring lifts and that is what is shifting. Nothing seems to stop the movement.

Any help appreciated.

I had the same problem. Likely the grip tape has perished. It's like sticky back sand paper. Get some and apply it. I also put two extra nuts / bolts and screwed one in the toe area and the other into the heel lift area. My rear boot has not moved at all since.

I've been on PS5's for 3 years now. Am gonna demo a pair of Radar Vapor Boots this weekend. I hope it might be an easy transition but if not I'll stick with the PS's. I know not to over tighten the upper laces, and I'm trying them to see whether they are easier to ski in. Ie will they be more forgiving?

Put grip tape on the top of the spring plate as well. Then put 1-inch neoprene washers (2 on each bolt) between the boot heal and the spring plate. I've done this to about 4 or 5 sets of Powershells and it works great.

• Baller

@evolski Sometimes the taper of the screw and top lip of the aluminum flange nuts bottom out on each other before they actually tighten down on the boot itself enough to hold in place. File the top lip off the flange nuts allowing the setup to tighten down on the boot a little more and the problem should go away. Mine haven't moved at all since doing this several years ago. This is fairly common amongst Powershell users. (at least the ones who's boots don't move anymore) I would do this before adding additional bolts.

One other Powershell trick to make your life easier. If you don't have velocro on the ski underneath where the flange nuts are on the plate, put a small piece of interlock on the bottom of each nut. This will allow you to remove your boots from the plate while it is mounted on the ski without the nuts falling down into the void where it's a pain to get them back into the slot properly. It makes it quick and easy to take your boots on and off for measuring and ski setup etc.

Remove the Aluminum T nuts that hold the boot down and file the top surface or round part where the screw goes in so it is not so high. Next file both sides of the shoulder down where the clip sits into the carbon plate so it is not to thick. This will make it so the screw will not bottom out on the clip when you tighten it.