Mastercraft officially trading as a public company

Razorskier1

• Baller
MCFT started trading minutes ago on the NASDAQ. They priced 6.1mm shares at $15, currently trading at around $15.50. Total shares outstanding will be 17.2mm, implying a total company value of $267mm. Wayzata Investment Partners owns the shares not priced in the offering. FYI for those keeping score at home.

• Baller
They both tell a similar story. Biggest pieces are that industry units are still 40 percent below pre recession levels, manufacturing efficiency is improving, "entry level" product line prove des growth, stealing share from stern drives. Time will tell.

• Baller

@Ralph Lee if you want the latest it's tough to argue your point. I won't pay that for a car I use daily much less a boat I use 4 months per year less frequently than I would like.

Fantastic boats can be had, however, for far less. I paid $17K for my 196 five years ago and speed control is about all it gives up (PP vs. ZO) to anything produced today. Wakes and tracking are amazing. If I had to have ZO I could re-power it with ZO for under $10K. Alternatively I could sell mine for nearly what I paid and hunt for an '07 or newer 196 with ZO...one of my favorite boats to both drive and ski. Used boats are different than used cars...far fewer moving parts, electronics etc to go bad. Either way I believe depreciated, well-kept models are the way to go.

• Baller
Not sure I understand their reason for going public other than for a handful of execs to get rewarded. They grew organically over the course of several decades to the point that they are one of the largest well known boat brands on earth. I don't see where a cash infusion helps them all that much unless they are hoping to subsidize some M&A

• Baller
MC was purchased by two Private Equity firms(one of which was Penske's company) in 2007 and then Wayzata Investment Partners provided them a round of financing in 2010 to keep them out of bankruptcy. The Wayzata funding also bought out most of the previous private equity stakes.