Ski hunting for edge in glide

dtm

Water has warmed up a bunch and I'm having trouble with my ski "hunting" like crazy in the glide for the gates, and even when gliding to a stop after a pass. Connelly Prophecy. Any suggestions/solutions?? -Changing skis not an option at this time. Thanks,

• Baller_
That is a characteristic of a concave bottom design and the relative fore / aft attitude you are running at the time when the ski is flat. The warmer water accentuates the characteristic. I noticed my ski showing similar tendencies as the water warms (Goode), the way to make it stop is to lean slightly to one side or the other. Changing fin / binding positions would also change the sensitivity to it but of course that is not really very practical when it works well for the rest of the course. Another option to decrease the sensitivity is to soften your bindings, hard shells as an example make it more susceptible to hunting.

Thanks. I've looked at the whole ski....looking for anything that has changed. Everything appears to be good. I even tried a different ski (same model) to make sure it wasn't the ski. Both did the same thing. I'm skiing @ 34mph, into 38'. 68", 2.520, 6.830, .740, 8 degree wing upside down. Front binding is at stock distance (can't recall exactly what that is, but somewhere @ 29+7/8's.

• Baller
in your glide for the gate you are probably trying to stand on a perfectly flat ski. depending on the make of ski that can actually be very hard to do because most top skis are designed to turn easily. so you find yourself rocking from side to side as the ski tries to engage one edge or the other. the warmer water simply allows your ski to ride deeper which means more edge gets engaged as you rock side to side. to solve your problem simply focus on keeping some load from the boat on your left arm. it doesn't have to be a lot just enough to hold you slightly ' out bound ' on the left edge of the ski until the very moment you are ready to turn in for the gate.