Goode Powershell 5's vs Radar Vapor Double boots

londonskier

Been using PS5's for three years without any issue. Ive got the dual lock right for me. Only one pre release in 3 years and I'm not sure I didn't stuff the tip. But tonight I tried Vapor boots. Similar performance, but the front Vapor is tight on my toes. Will heat mold and stretch tonight. Whats the opinions out there for performance and safety? I'm hoping the softer rear Vapor will improve performance. Skiing into 32off. Or do I just stick with what I know?

• Baller
I skied on RS 1 and strada boots for years. They are great. Obviously no risk of prelease. Personally, I wouldnt ski on dual lock under any circumstance. I have heard too many stories of people preleasing and getting hurt. Between the two I would go with Vapor. They put some plastic pieces in the sides to give it a stiffer side to side feel for the new ones. Almost bought them but ended up with a Reflex.

• Baller
I'm on a 4 year old Strada binding and my ski buddy just upgraded to the Vapor... much improved. Key is NOT to over tighten the laces to allow the liners to release from the shell during a hard fall. Heat molding will help with the fit quicker than just skiing in them and allowing time in the boot to mold to your foot.

• Baller
When you heat mold make sure to put some sort of toe cap over your toes to create some space. I folded up a bunch of paper towels and taped them to my toes then put the end of a thick sock over it before I molded.