Not CAT 5.7 engine going away

disland

• Baller_
The traditional SBC is going away, not sure on exact timing although I think at the end of this model year and the supply will dwindle over time as stocks are depleted. Long blocks will probably be available for a while as there are so many out there in numerous applications so you would be okay as long as the ancillaries are still functional.

• Baller
The 5.7 was last produced in a GM foundry in 2005 and they cast enough blocks and parts for a 10 year supply. This is the stock the marinizers have drawn from. Ford ran into the same thing in the 90s when they stockpiled parts in 1998 and quit production of the 351.

• Baller
Absolutely sure. They had moved production to mexico for a large percentage of their engine families long before they quit casting 5.7 blocks. I've actually been to one of the warehouses where there is nothing but Vortec 5.7 blocks on racks floor to 40 ft ceiling that were produced 10 years ago. They're not actually out. But stock is down to only a 2+ year supply at the current run rate so OEM's are starting to make their change to the current platform now. GM actually still has the Vortec 5.7 in their marine catalog for 2016 alongside the new L86 6.2, L83 5.3, and LV1 4.3L marine power plants. I wouldn't expect it would be in the 2017 catalog though for OEM marinizers.