Nashville skiing

GMC

• Baller

Hey ballers, I don't post much but I'm considering a transfer to Spring Hill, TN so naturally checking out ski sites is priority #1. I checked the Google Earth file (doesn't look too promising) and previous discussions here - nothing definitive. Is @Ham_Wallace still around??

Thanks in advance for any replies.

• Baller
Last I knew, there was a slalom course on Old Hickory Lake. Up the Gallatin Arm and past the marina. Near what looks to be Lock 4 road - though only viewable / accessible via boat. Lots of very nice houses have gone up in that immediate areas since I lived on the lake, so possible it has moved.

• Baller

I stand a bit corrected. Still up the Gallatin Arm, but not on the angle toward Lock 4 Road.

You can see the course here: https://www.google.com/maps/@36.3402481,-86.4899046,1419m/data=!3m1!1e3

Zoom in. In the cove between Rozella Way and Plantation Blvd. Google Maps view must be within past ~2 years and the course is still there.

Public lake, so my guess is early morning runs. Of course, you'll need to make friends with the locals who maintain the course. There used to be an Old Hickory Ski Club on the lake, but that was a decade ago.

• Baller
OHLSC is still here....nice place tmornings and evenings on weekends and most any time during the week. There is also a course on Percy Priest Lake in the Smyrna/Lavergne area (Nissan Plant). those are really the only options besde the lake in Hillsboro/Manchester area..