Throttle return spring

nam1975

• Baller
seems very short. Is that the spring you mean? A long long spring is much better as it provides good return at idle without too much at high throttle. It is the lower throttle settings that are the problem nt he high ones. Use the longest spring you can make fit

• Baller

@GregHind. Thanks, I have other springs so I can use a longer one.

I got the perfect pass bracket and wasn't sure where to hook in relation to the throttle?

I,guess as long as you are in a spot that is out of the way and gets some return tension, you are ok?

• Baller
I like to take the throttle cable off and work it with my hands to feel the tension the springs are providing. Something you may want to consider from Perfect Pass-Aaron told me to up the KX to it's highest value as that also has the effect of making everything happen quicker. Our conversation was regarding the one ball time. As I also put new springs on the carb. It did drop it another tenth. FWIW

• Baller
Looks like the Monsoon motor like on my 2000 Response. If that's the case, the stock spring is very beefy. I tried adding springs to help mine settle but they didn't do anything. I just give drivers a reference line so they can bring the throttle back to a place that will help PP settle a little faster.