Reflex white v black

bbruzzese

• Baller

I know this topic has likely been beaten to death but everything I found was pretty old...thought there may be some new opinions now that there are many more white cuffs out there.

Turns out I partially tore the "shelf" off the back of my black shell at a tourney yesterday...hopefully that explains a little of the erratic skiing..probably wishful thinking.

Anyway, time to replace and considering trying the white...anyone else made the switch? Glad they did or wish they hadn't?

• Baller
I just switched to white. The reason is BC the rear block on my old shell was "flexing" too much and caused premature release. The block on the white cuff is much more solid and it obviously has the achilles strap. Performance wise and "feeling" wise, they feel exactly the same to me. I can't tell any difference.

• Baller
I have both an older black shell and a newer white cuff and also can't tell any difference. I also run my upper buckle snug, not tight but no play either. Do like the heel strap, mine is set to definitely limit too much forward flex. Don't think I've ever felt it but like the idea of it.