V-typeR

ALPJr

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
@Ilivetoski For me it would hunt for balance in the pre turn and then chatter out of the buoy on the offside. I'd say it was mostly due to new ski jitters but after a couple tweaks the comfort set in. This ski is ridiculously good!

I wanted to post my latest update with my VTR. I have been getting some assistance from @savaiusini to get my ski dialed in. The ski felt great to me at pretty much any fin and binding setting through 32 off, at 35 and 38 off I was having difficulty (36 mph). I could scrap through a 35 but it felt like the ski wasn't working with me. After some fin adjustment it felt really close. I have a reflex front binding and one hole forward felt too tip heavy, the ski would turn hard but I couldn't hold angle across the wake. One hole back felt too tail heavy with slow turns. I slotted out my reflex plate and split the difference with a distance of 29.25" and left my rear bindings the same. They ski felt much better but I was a little unbalanced. Next set I moved my rear binding a hole back and ran right down the rope to a new PB of 1 @ 39. The ski now feels great. It turns hard, but with little effort. Holds the angle with no tip rise out of the turn, and creates great space before the buoy, 35's are getting easy. I haven't been on a ski that has felt this good for a long long time.

• Baller
Not too much. Had a short spring 5 sets. Missed about 6 weeks in June July due to an ankle. Have skied 9 sets since coming back. Just starting to feel strong again. Loving the warm New England weather. Hope it holds on till October.

Same settings for me as above. At 36 mph I was consistently getting 2-4 at 38 off. After nationals I moved to Men's 3 and I'm trying to figure out how to ski 34 mph. After a couple weeks my ski feels good at 34 with the same ski settings, I haven't changed anything. 2 @ 39 is my best so far and getting more consistent at 38 off. So far I have really liked the ski at both 36 and 34 mph.

• Baller
I skied the VTR a few sets a month ago. It might be one of the best turning skis I've ever been on (especially my off-side). Had a problem getting width on my harder passes. I skied a 66", but I'm at the top of the weight range. I'd really like to get my hands on a 67".

@TWB I was having the same width issue with my ski. I found the front binding placement really helped this, and my ski was very sensitive to the front binding adjustment. I have a reflex front and using the standard holes, one hole forward and the ski would turn hard but wouldn't cast out from the second wake, and one hole back it wouldn't turn hard enough but would cast out well. I slotted out my plate, split the difference and it's been getting me wide and early, and turning great since. You may want to try playing with the front binding placement.