Great weekend in Texas!

gt2003

• Baller
My gf and I were lucky enough to spend the weekend with @skihard and his family at Ski Texas this weekend. I got to ski my first sets behind a Carbon Pro (yes, it's as good as they say it is), got to watch him run a new PB (I'll let him tell u about it) and I developed a LOT more confidence in holding my position against the boat all the way through the wake. Yes, I only ran 3 consecutive balls in the mini course but that's my best so far and I know I'll improve on that shortly. The best part was hanging out with good people and having a good time. The skiing was a bonus. Thanks Rod and family/friends. We'll do it again before too long.

• Baller

Any time @gt2003! The world is small and friendships develop in many ways. Nice to see that our love of a sport brought us together and created a friendship that will last long beyond our skiing days!

It was great meeting the two of you and having you enjoy our home and our ski site. Hope you can do it again soon!!!

:)

• Baller
We mostly skied on the North 2 lakes. Very nice turn islands, tree lined courses and nice homes all along. it was nice that the lakes are joined to give the option of skiing both or going around the islands and staying on one lake. We even got to enjoy some nice trick runs as a neighbor was practicing. I have zero complaints except that we were so focused on skiing that we didn't take any pics except skiing video.

• Baller
I also had a chance to ski with @skihard at their little piece of heaven. Can't say I skied really well but it wasn't because of the settings. I wish I could find other excuses to get down that way as it was a great place to ski. The turn and burn or drop and rest feature of the lake set-ups was really interesting.

• Baller
@skihard is a wealth of ski knowledge, thanks to @TFIN , lol (kidding Rod!) I learned a lot and improved a lot in the short time we were there. Girlfriend skied around the turn islands for the 1st time so that was a pretty cool moment to witness. Rod's family is great and the neighbors are pretty great as well. Yes, it's an 8 hour drive but total worth it!

• Baller
EDIT, just don't like the way that read! Rod (skihard) LOVES this sport and the passion is more than obvious. I was trying to say he passed on not only his self gained knowledge and passion but also the knowledge and passion he has gained through coaching he's received from TFIN. Truly a selfless dude! I will make it down there to a TFIN coaching session eventually!