Possible ski boat found near Seattle. Ship to MN?

Fast351

• Baller

So I found a pretty sweet 1998 SKi Nautique near Seattle.

seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/5254400091.html

Everything I want in a ski boat. Only problem, I'm in Minnesota.

So:

1) Anyone know this boat?

2) Anyone willing to go put a set of eyeballs on it for me?

3) Can the local dealer there (I think it's Pacific Nautiques?) do an inspection and shrinkwrap for transport on it for me?

4) What should I expect to ship it? I'm thinking around a grand, but I honestly have no idea....

5) Is this an area of the country that this boat may have been in brackish/salt water?

Thanks!

• Baller
I think that one has been for sale for a few months now. I think I called him about it but decided it wasn't worth the trip from CA. I believe it was a mechanically sound boat, just needed interior and I wasn't fond of the green. I think he upgraded to a ZO boat if I recall. Hope it works out.

• Baller_
Get close pics of all the interior as it may be tough to see the little cracks that will turn into big cracks quickly depending on location and use. New interior can be very expensive. At that price with shipping it is an OK deal in my opinion. Factor in what cost may be down the road for an interior and from really good pictures you should be able to determine what will need replacing and how soon.

• Baller

I will be getting some detailed interior pics before I make a decision on whether to buy this boat or not, in addition to trying to get some more history on this boat.

He did send me high res versions of the pics he has on SIA/Craigslist, but it only has one good one of the interior, and only shows the front half:

1998 Interior

He bought it from Pacific in 2012, and has put around 100 hours on it since then.

I asked for his todo list of things and this is what he lists:

To do list : v block in front/keel bolts looked little loose can fix that. Packing nut could probably be snugged a half turn can look at that / the depth finder quite working somewhere along when I owned it but for the lakes I've skied on never had a use for it. Could even be a simple fuse but never really looked into it. The next skin I might do is the engine box. There's a slight discolor and it's the only one you don't sit on and can see. Even though the Back seat is rougher that ones a non factor for me as its out of the boat.

The only one that really even comes up as a concern for me is the keel bolts. I guess I don't know how they get loose, but I assume it'd be pretty hard to strip one.

• Baller

I don't see anything particularly super duper about this example. Somewhat oddball color combo too. That and the trailer nearly looks like it's for a V-drive vs. a DD. Axles seem back and tongue weight is probably pretty high.

Anyway, take your time and find one that's closer. You have 5 years worth of this hull being produced and they are all over the country. @Wish is right about the interior- it's more expensive than replacing the long block yet commonly overlooked as far as value.

• Baller

Cant imagine that interior costing much. Guys are getting v drives done for 4k, and that nautique has nothing for interior by comparison.

@Fast351 if you do wind up getting it, there is a place in savage called c&e upholstery that both the Malibu and mastercraft dealers have recommended in the past. My father in law had the spotter seat redone in his response there and it was excellent work.

• Baller

My dealer (Son) said basically the same thing. There should be something local available. Question is, assuming the interior isn't completely shot, what would this boat be worth delivered to your door? It seems like if the seller is willing to split shipping (not sure if he is) and I could get it here for around 13-13.5K it still seems like a deal, although probably not as good of a deal as it would be at 12.

Just talked to the local dealer, and they can do a walk around. They originally sold him the boat in 2012, and it came from them originally in 98, so two owner boat.

• Baller
The trailer appears to by a Ryan, which are pretty common under Nautiques in the Northwest. The trailers are rear heavy, with box framing and fairly substantial prop guard. The Ryan I own under an 80s SN, also has axle slightly rear of what I might expect.

• Baller

That interior looks fine to me. I think a good cleaning could bring that motor box back to life. Remember it is a 17 year old boat. 17 years is a lot of time and use. Don't expect perfect. Personally, as long as the interior isn't falling apart or in really bad shape I see no use sinking money into it. Wait until it is bad enough to warrant replacing.

Pending that trailer I think 12K for that boat is a steal. Others probably disagree.

had a buddy say he saw my boat on here....Hi nick S. Hi R Doane

just to clarify the question on v-block. There is nothing wrong with the keel or tracking fins, I was just talking about the wood v-block on the trailer. Those bolts I had noticed were loose from loading/ unloading and I would tighten or replace while boat is off the trailer. I have been traveling but will repost for lower price when I am home for a few days