Luggage Rack Carrier

cj_hawkins

I am looking at a luggage rack carrier for traveling with my daughters jump skis, slalom ski, and two trick skis. I'm worried that I'll get one to small to fit all that in it, but don't want to get one that is as big as our vehicle. Any one have any advice on what size works the best? Thannks

• Baller

It depends on how big her jump skis are that is generally the issue. I have a 88" Thule box that fits my son's jump skis, 2 slaloms, 2 trick skis and a few other things. It doesn't look like they make that one anymore but they have a Thule Force model that comes in 84" and 92" versions. Given the tip rise in the jumpers I would probably need the 92" to fit the 84" jumpers. I looked at the Thule web site and they have a number of options that would work.

Yakima makes good boxes also I don't know the sizes for theirs.

Thule and Yakima both make great products, I have had both and the quality is similar. If you are looking for more of a long skinny box then Yakima is what you want. When looking at the length of a box do not just look at the listed exterior dimensions. Look in the description for "fits snowboards and skis up to " to find the interior length. Here is a link showing their longest boxes.

https://www.yakima.com/product-type/cargo-box?length_skis=17094