Boat Cover Bow Cutout for Trailer

ISP6ball

• Baller

I'm getting ready to order up a cover for my boat. The trailer I have is a drive on/drive off with the plastic v-shaped plates up front that you nose the boat into. There's an option, when ordering a cover, to get it with the bow cutout. I don't know what the cover looks like, and was curious if anybody had a picture they could post.

90-95% of the time the boat is up on the lift with the cover on it...when not in use. The 5-10% of the time that I trailer the boat.....the cover is usually off. I'm just not sure whether to get a full cover without the cutout, or to order the one with the cutout.

If there's adequate coverage with the cutout......I might go that route, just so I have the option to trailer with the cover on (if I decide to). Thanks for any help.

• Baller

I assume you're describing a Ramlin or at least a similar design? I had a SN 196 on a Ramlin that had a "cutout" for the front stop. The cover just stops about a foot from the nose and the cord goes under the nose to hold it on. Don't get it. Not a problem, but you don't need it. I'd rather have the cover go over the front.

• Baller
I have a custom cover that has cutouts for a bow stop on a correct craft style trailer. I had a hood made that snaps on to the cover when the boat is on the lift, and it covers the bow and the exposed rub rail. I am able to remove it when I have to put the cover on while the boat is on the trailer.