Beginner trick ski

WBLskier

• Baller
I've never really tricked before. I'm 36. My 9 year old is showing some interest. Any suggestions on a very beginner but decent enough trick ski? Any chance there is one that would work (at least initially) for both of us? I realize there probably isn't but figured I'd ask. We will likely never get into competing in trick, so really just curious where to start as far as a ski would go. Thanks.

• Baller

Get a ski big enough for both of you. Swap bindings. Easy with the inserts on the newer skis. In most of the good skis, longer skis better. Slow the kids down and keep your speed up (with the appropriate rope length to go with the speed). If you can find a nice late model used ski, OK. If not, get a new Quantum, D3 hardedge or Goode and you'll have the best learning curve. The kid will probably do best on a 42" but a 43" will be best for both of you. You might be able to find a 40" used but he will outgrow it soon (and you will struggle) so be ready to move up as he/she grows.

Modern skis are better than older skis. Yard sale skis are not as much fun.

Most of all, have fun just playing on it.

Eric

• Baller
Instead of going all in out of the gate I bought a pair of the Obrien pro-trac 42" tricks from Bart's watersports for $320 shipped to the door. Granted they are not high end but they work great for our family especially since my wife just likes to play around on the pair vs. 1. I think they are an excellent starter trick. Just my 2 cents....great to hear some younger generations are still interested in the sport!