Spray reduction solution to the 91-94 Mastercraft Prostar 190

Dacon62

• Baller
I did some research on the topic myself this summer. No confirmation on what was done to the actual pro tour 190 boats which were supposedly modified for this reason. There was a guy that had a regular 190 and his buddy had a protour 190 (not actually used in the protour) and the spray chimes were identical. Supposedly you could file away a bit on the chimes and it would knock the spray chime down another line length.

• Baller

Back when in the 1986--1993 range, doing Boat Tests for The Mag, there would be tournament-

type boats with spray problems. If a certain manufacturer brought 3 similar boats, they might

have 3 different spray patterns. Bringing a boat back and noting a problem to the manufacturer's

rep., they would submit it again a bit later. A bit of under-hull investigation revealed the secret:

Bondo added.

• Baller
At the austin stop of the work cup tour in '97, I watched them with the two PS190s up on the trailers with the back of the boats hanging off and they were bondo'ng the crap out of the hulls. This was the afternoon before it started while they were getting the site ready.