Ham flies through the air....

Booze

• Baller

Good point @LeonL I don't know if we'd know what to do with ourselves if we had over 100 entries to a 3 event tournament that wasn't a regionals/nationals. That'd be one of the greatest awkward feelings to have though.

@LLUSA I hope those are not among the others making up the fascia/cladding on your pavilion?

• Baller
That was the West Alabama Open in July of 1976 in Tuscaloosa, that tournament was two weeks before my first Southern Regionals in Tuscaloosa. Three Regionals down and two to go. I'll never learn. Without the financial support of Tuscaloosa these events would not be possible

• Baller

I remember watching @Ham_Wallace at the 1978 Nationals held at Tivoli Gardens Michigan. That was my first ever tournament attended, whether watching or skiing. Had just been a river rat with gallon jugs patched together for a slalom course up to that point. I was entering college that year. I recall listening to the announcer and when he called out Ham Wallace, I just remembered the name for some reason. I have known a lot of hams, but first time I heard someone actually called Ham. Just guessing that's why I remember it.

Ricky McCormick was Overall winner, Bob L. and Deena won Slalom for Open, which was really what we went to watch. That just added to my fire to learn how to get through the course better, and learn more tricks for trick skiing.

• Baller
In 1976 the city called out the National guard to park traffic due to the thousands that showed up to see the Southern Regionals. I met Ham in the early 70's at the Tide. The first time I ever drove a Ski Nautique was Ham's, there were 6 AXO in the boat that day.