Deal on Connelly Stealth Bindings

Chef23

• Baller

I am not connected with H20Proshop in any way except I am on their mailing list but I remember seeing someone looking for some Connelly Stealths earlier this year. They seem to have multiple sizes and I know that Connelly has stopped making them. At $350 they are a killer deal if you are looking for Stealths.

http://www.h2oproshop.com/2013-connelly-stealth-forward-waterski-boot.html

• Baller
How do the bindings attach to the ski? I know in the past with the fogman's you had to drill the ski for the release units. Do the stealth's have a mounting plate similar to what the Exo's were using? For the price I would be willing to give them a try.

• Baller_

The Stealth boot system incorporates the Fogman release system with a Jamie Beauchesne designed boot. The were very comfortable and powerful. The complaints about them were two fold. First they were expensive and second they were difficult to get on and off. I loved skiing in mine but I dreaded putting them on.

The idea of the cumbersome lace system instead of buckles was to reduce binding drag. The bindings didn't sell well and Jamie retired. Joel is a Fogman guy and not a particular Stealth fan. As a result, Connelly is taking their boot design in a different direction and Fogman is working on a radically different release system. Connelly and Fogman continue to collaborate on binding development and design.

Lpskier

@Ajskier - an adaptor plate meaning you can use to attach to any ski. simple screw on plate, however you will need to use the 3 strips of 3M VHB tape to reinforce at each end. I have two plates, so I can test out other skis as and when. I go easy on them as I don't tape down the plate until I know the skis good for me.

Without these bindings I would never have got back on the water, great boot!

i'll purchase any RFF size 10's

• Baller

I think the release mechanisms on the Stealths were licensed from Fogman and the boots were designed by Jamie B. I never skied in them but I think if you could get the boot fit and alignment dialed in the boots would have given you great control over the ski but I watched a friend of mine get in and out of them and I would never have had that kind of patience. Plus I think because of how precise the boots are they are very sensitive to alignment, canting etc.

The release mechanism has been around for a while as Fogman and I have seen quite a few Fogman setups in the Eastern Region over the years.

@Chef23

I can appreciate they are not for the faint of heart, they look pretty daunting..

however when you've busted your ankle as many times as me from 1 in 1 out falls these are a

god send!

I've had them long enough that my gloves take more time to put on than the boots..I do have mine cantered simple washer under the ball of the foot and inside of the heel. correct the mechanisms are still branded fogman. If i burn through my bindings+spares and i can't get them anymore, i'll likey get some powershells or reflex's and screw them to the fogman setup.

I have 3 G10 adapter plates, 2 G10 (size 10-11) boot plates, 2 sets of used Fogman releases, 2 sets of Connelly release, and 2 brand new pairs (still in the bag) of Fogman liners size 10-11. The G10 boot plates can be used with smaller boot sizes by drilling new holes. Both boot plates have the release blocks. Everything is for sale!

@JJR - having briefly looked at them, shouldn't be an issue, my only concern being is if the plastic on the soul is thinner than the carbon you might have the file the screw down. you can't really build it up with washers otherwise the soul will be lumpy, i personally put a skateboard trainer (sneaker) liner in the boats, kind of work as orthotics and they are comfy.

in theory you can use anything, Reflex, powershells, diablos or even FM's. worse case you might have to drill a couple of holes.

the most cost affective way is actually to buy them direct, USD throne classic is the boot, then purchase some snow ski buckles simple screws on, got yourself some "custom" binders!