Austin Area Skiing Information?

skigirl

• Baller
I will be traveling to Austin next week for work and I want to learn more about skiing options in the area. There is a remote possibility of relocation. I have heard of Austin Aquaplex, and SMRR. Other options? Clubs? And can I drive to SMRR and Aquaplex and look at the lakes? Or are they gated communities. Thanks.

• Baller
Aquaplex and SMMR are both gated. I live at Aquaplex and would be happy to show you around. I am sure someone from SMMR can do the same. There is a club called the Capital Area Waterski Club. Give me a call if you like 512-799-7768. Matt

• Baller

http://waterskiaustin.com/competition/lakes/ - only lists tournament hosting lakes...

South side of Austin

San Marcos River Ranch (Martindale) - active, home owner, gated community lake, hosts tournaments, Linsey

Austin Aquaplex (SW, near Buda) - active, home owner, gated community lake, hosts tournaments, Marc, Matt

Guadalupe Ski Plex (Zorn) - active, home owner, gated community lake, no tournaments, Trent

Utopia (Martindale) - private, single owner lake, no tournaments

North side of Austin:

Frameswitch Ski Lakes (near Taylor) - active, lease access, lake, hosts tournaments

Herzog's Lake (Thorndale) - private single owner lake, no tournaments

If you want to check out Frameswitch ski lakes, PM me.

• Baller

Thank you @matt_b, @Moskier3ev, @ToddL, @lakeaustinskier , and @Beastmode !

I am finalizing my schedule and will pm you if I plan to call and ask questions. A huge thanks in advance for being so willing to show me around. Gotta love this waterski community.