The next unboxing

aupatking

• Baller

So, every baller is receiving copious amounts of deliveries this time of year. What do you say we video unboxing of the next items to show up at our door, and the on water test to follow, no matter what it is? I get that may be impossible for those of you in the great white north, but, you guys can make something work.

Maybe it should be any box, addressed to you or not?

All I know is I watched @dchristman new stick video again tonight, and a very dim light bulb went off.

• Baller
I did an "unboxing" of my '15 promo boat this year as a bit of a joke and posted a few pics on my Instagram (#skiinxs) account. Maybe I will do a video unboxing on my '16 when it arrives and post here. It is lots of fun as I use the front loader on my tractor to lift the stern then bow (by the lifting rings) to take the shrink wrap off intact. I try to keep the shrink wrap intact in case it needs to go back on for a long shipment to the next owner.

• Baller

@thager Yes, the ones Correct Craft uses are really nice. I think technically they are transit covers as they are sewn to fit, then installed, tied with ropes that go under the boat and drawstring tied at the transom, then slightly shrank with a heat gun. They have a soft felt on the inside that keeps them from scratching or rubbing. Unless you have a way to lift the boat off the trailer, it is hard to remove without damaging the cover as they wrap around the chines under the boats and are between the bunks and hull in some places. That is why I use a hook and cable to the front loader on my tractor to lift the stern, then the bow to remove without cutting the covers. If I reinstall for shipment to the next owner I always make certain that the boat and cover are absolutely clean before installation. (I wash the cover really well before removing so no grit transfers to the inside surface as I roll it up. Once dry I store in a giant trash bag to keep clean.) You certainly wouldn't want any grit underneath to scratch or rub the fiberglass. I believe that commercial sewing makes the transit covers, the same company that makes the boat covers. They also have the same type of vents that the boat covers have that makes them pull a vacuum when they are going down the road.qweelf2m8dix.jpg

e79eu3k2sb0m.jpg