Camaro full or shorty

Chris Taylor

• Baller
Full suit. The Camaro 2.0 Blacktech full suit is so comfortable and non-restrictive you forget you have it on. Yet you are warm with water in the 40's. There's no reason to wear a shorty and leave parts of your body exposed to the cold water.

• Baller
@Than_Bogan as a fellow member of the Super Scrawny Ankles crew I use ankles straps made from Velcro One-Wrap. Super thin single tape with hook on one side and loop on the other. A 12 foot roll is under 10 bucks at HD. Cut and wrap and you don't care if you loose them. Work great for me on my BlackTec. So thin I don't feel them inside my Radar boots.

• Baller
Saran wrap works great on ankles and wrists. I also use a spray leg on both legs just to protect the suit. Additionally, I use a strap at the ankle on my rear leg. And I use Saran wrap at the top of the spray legs to keep them from slipping down. It takes me 20 minutes to get ready to ski, but it's worth it.

• Baller_

I've skied all winter thus far in a Black Tec heater top and been just fine. The water in Otown has hovered around sixty and the air has been high 50's to low 70's when we ski. My concession on a cold day is a neoprene hat. For a die hard O'Neill guy, I sure like my Camero gear.

One note: I bought an XL heater top two seasons ago and a second XL this fall. They fit quite differently, with the current model having longer sleeves and a slightly fuller body.

Lpskier

• Baller

@lpskier ... I have had 2 shorty's and a long suit, and yes there can be a problem with water in the shorty. For a long time I used some Velcro straps around the lower leg part of the shorty and that worked pretty well. However, you could get water trapped in there in a fall...Then last Oct. I was shopping in Sports Authority and saw these 3/4 Length Compression Shorts that are used for Bike Racing. Really light and stretchy. I bought a pair and put those over the shorty. Best decision ever, never any water and they are so light you don't even know you have them on. Problem solved !!!

• Baller
I have the 2014 2.0 full, the 2015 3/2 full and the 2014 shorty 1.0. The 3/2 is available in "long" sizes so I gave it a try. It also has a higher neck with velcro closure which was most welcome when the water was 50 degrees a few weeks back. Don't notice any decrease in the amazing comfort and flexibility. Now with water at 65 I'm in the shorty.

• Baller

I have never really found the need for a shorty. I have a full suit that I use up until I just go in trunks. I have yet to be too warm or restricted so I haven't seen the need to buy two suits.

With that said I got a camrro top this winter that I will start using that this spring after wetsuit weather is over.