Fair Price 1999 SN

rodltg2

• Baller

I'm hoping to upgrade to a ZO boat. curious what ballers think is a fair price considering higher hours. currently has 1720 +/- and climbing. otherwise it's in great condition and runs strong. I have it listed at 11999. was thinking and hoping to sell it somewhere between 10-12k. if it was lower hours I know it would go for 13-14k. x6sg3cmqqlpx.jpg

• Baller
Would have re-powered already if I lived nearby. Not fond of increasing the cost by two way shipping nor driving to Florida and back from MN. Gets close to the $15K premium to get into a newer 196 with ZO. Two ballers last year came in under $30K...I think one of em under $25K for a 196 with ZO.

• Baller

Probably get closer to $12k if you wait to sell until early-mid summer...

Don't sell yourself short on hours if you've taken care of the boat. I likely wouldn't even advertise that and just explain yourself if someone asks. If someone said their boat had 2500 hours on it but provided compression numbers and told me there were no leaks and doesn't burn oil, I'd probably snatch it right up. Would take it over a boat with 600 hours but looked like it'd been left to sit in the sun for a lot of it's life too.

• Baller
I've been getting a lot of inquires , but once they hear how many hours , they hang up ! I've had a number of callers who thought the hours were a typo . maybe after we ski tomorrow , I will drive the course in reverse to undo the hours ! worked for Bueller !

As a point of reference, I regularly buy old police cruisers, (Crown Victoria Police Interceptors) and they typically have 16-2500 idle hours and that is considered low. Most of them have 4000-6500, and 100-120K miles, now granted these are IDLE hours but it still gives you a sense of confidence about the reliability of a modern V8. I saw one older Crown Vic with 315k on the original motor. Its a matter of educating the buyer. I will also say I have bought 2 very low hour boats and both wound up being problematic. GLWS

• Baller

Frankly, if you are scared off those hours you must not know much about these boats/engines. I'd much rather buy a boat with hours on it than one that sat all the time. 100 hours a year is not outrageous by any means. Hell, I'd shy away from a boat with less than 20 hours a year.

Someone is going to get an amazing boat here. Best of luck with your sale.