SUPER SKI SKAT

dbski

• Baller

My neighbor was cleaning out his garage and this was in the dump pile. He said they used to ski on it back in the sixties, the only problem was they had to go really fast. No S--T, its only 38" long! Anybody else ever see one? @TWB says we have to ski it this summer! I don't think I'm quite young or dumb enough to try it.9x2kgccxp8xk.jpg

• Baller

That's an older one in pretty nice shape... Definitely not worthy of the dump pile! Check out eBay and see how much some are trying to sell ratty looking ones for. You don't have to go fast on it unless you weigh a ton. I would guess a 200 pounder could probably ride it at 20mph.

The regular ski skat is about half that size 28".

• Baller_

I love my Ski Skat. Makes a great wall hanger or shelf decoration. This one is shorter for sure and I think the longer one is the Super Ski Skat. Would never try to ride it but betting I can get my COM plenty forward on it. Haha..

ygyxv3wfmdc3.jpg

• Baller

@skibrain I'm pretty confident I could run 38 on the super ski skat (at 18mph). The smaller one I don't believe I could, therefore I can't :)

Note that the difference between the two is mostly in the tip. That's critical for preventing face plants.

• Baller

I have the short one. I bought it on a whim through eBay. We had to try it. It was a pain to get up with that and a combo, I dropped the ski, got on it, but was too slow and did not last long. My friend's teenage son tried it. We went faster, but probably too fast, about 34 mph. He was up, but it was shaking, then he did a massive face plant as the skat shot out from under him. The old plastic fin could not take the force and had broken completely off the skat, still leaving the screws firmly in place, but placing him firmly into the lake.

Now that there is no fin, it is basement decoration and the kids can play with it on the floor.

• Baller
The front of the super has rocker starting halfway between the boot and the logo. The rest is flat. I think the discussion has confirmed that it is going to be wall art. My wife even gave me the OK to display it when she got home.

College roommate had the regular, shorter one. We used to get up on 2 then drop to the single skat. Lots of spray and generally when you crashed, you really crashed. I keep looking on ebay thinking it would be fun to relive...then I think again! Super fun at 20 yrs old, not so much at almost 47!

• Baller

Here's my ski skrap and home-made super ski skrap from the 70's. I'm still looking for the smaller one I made from my old 60's Nash Tenderfoot metal wheel skateboard. That was 18" long.

u5q7acpxt4b2.jpg

You guys are killin' me with this back-in-the-day, I'm-an-old-man, hang-it-on-the-wall crap! Get out there and TRY IT!

I skied on a ping pong paddle two years ago at 55 ...

oops, YouTube says it was 4 years ago. That must be wrong , because I'm NOT OLD! :smiley: