Carbon Pro Safty lanyard. Where can you buy one for a spare.

oldmanskier

• Baller

I am somewhat paranoid about having spare parts handy that can keep a ski day from being wasted.

For my 2014 Carbon Pro I have a spare prop, Impeller, boat keys, Serpentine belt and spare tire for trailer.

I have been searching the internet to purchase a spare safety lanyard.

I see lots for PWC's and outboards.

Will these fit the safety cut off switch on a carbon Pro?

Thanks.

oldmanskier

• Baller

Doesn't the CP use the same type of throttle and shutoff as everything else? Basically just a keyhole shaped piece of plastic that sits around a standard toggle switch. If that is the case and you lost the lanyard you just flip the switch back up and move on with your day. My lanyard is in the glove box, can't imaging wearing one in a ski boat.

In any event you can buy a universal that will fit anything for $10

• Baller
I am not sure why ski boats even have those. When was the last time someone clipped that thing to themselves or got tossed out of the driver's seat. I kicked mine last year getting into the driver seat and cracked it and it was a PIA. I wound up duct taping it closed until I could get a new one.

• Baller

oldjeep: Thanks for the overton's suggestion. I saw these but did not know if any of them would fit correctly. At $10 not a big deal if none of them fit. I do not clip the lanyard to any thing but I like to have it just in case I needed to pull it for some reason.

• Baller
My guess as to why they exist - a kill switch or safety cut off switch is a pretty good legal defense for a boat manufacturer that gets sued by a boat driver who got thrown out without the lanyard attached. Manufacturers get paranoid about product liability, and who can blame them?

• Baller

OCD that is me. I have had prop, drive belt, lost boat drain plug, flat tire on trailer all ruin a good ski day. If I had a spare the day would have been ok.

Horton thanks for the offer on getting one from factory. I will try the overtons generic one first.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.