Taylor Made Turn Buoys

Skoot1123

• Baller
I'm in the market for some turn buoys and came across some buoys in Overtons that are Taylor Made. They aren't "turn buoys" perse but are 8" in diameter and have a loop on the bottom. Has anyone ever used these as turn buoys? They are a little cheaper then the Wally Skier buoys too. Thanks for the help.

• Baller
I know the Wally Skier buoys are much more expensive but I'm going on my third year with the Wally's and there is no sign of wear or color fading. Not replacing every year or at most two because of fading and sticky deteriorating tops has been well worth it.

• Baller
The thing I like about the Wally soft buoys is I hit a Wally ski buoy a couple of times last year and it did not jar my ankle like other ski buoys. They are well worth the price just to save an injury from hitting a hard buoy. Not that you could not get hurt on a Wally but so far my ankle has survived each Wally hit.

• Baller_
FYI John Taylor of Taylor Made has a multi million dollar vacation house on the lake that hosted the 2014 Eastern Regionals. I wrote him asking for some sponsorship for the event given the relationship between Taylor Made and water skiing, and his relationship to the community. He never even responded to me. I am not a big Taylor Made fan as a result.

Lpskier

• Baller_
@Andre Taylor Made is headquartered in Johnstown NY, very near the Pangaea Puddle. They started the Taylor Made golf club business, but sold it. Today although the name is the same, the golf clubs and boat products businesses are seperate. I believe they also make the large blue tarps used to cover your house after the roof blows off. They do well in hurricanes.

Lpskier

• Baller
@lpskier I owned a business for many years. I received around 4 to 5 request a day for sponsorships. A lot of larger companies have formal procceses and the request has to go through particular departments or committees.