LaPoint Ski Park Tournament

ALPJr

• Baller_

Oh yes there was. -39 dropped at least twice. Lots of -38. The Carters' '16 5.3 liter silver metal flake Nautique pulled the event. Great boat. Relating to another thread, also a killer Bimini top.

In the L/R, Ali Garcia, Jen LaPoint and Chelsea Mills all ran -35 and mid 38 several times, KLP 2@41, tieing the M6 record. Julien Beaufils ran -39 Friday and almost ran it today. Jeff Kepchia and Jeff Gilbert both ran -38 and mid 39 while doing double duty behind the wheel.

Most notable in the C, we had a W6 skier in her first tournament ever, and she almost advanced to -22. I love new skiers. Every pass is a PB!

Taylor May Woolsey, now a New York City marketing executive, made a surprise Florida appearance and 2016 skiing debut.

We got most of the third round in Friday (the plug got pulled during my third round, just when I was planning to run that 38. Drat!), and we got all three rounds in today. Best of all, we had several folks working on officials advancement. We were able to use some assistant judges in the class C part of the tourney and a couple fellows were working with the Sheryl Fry, the chief scorer. At least one ex pro skier went home with completed paperwork to become an assistant driver. Class C tournaments are overlooked as training grounds for new officials. All in all, a great start to the Easter Weekend.

Lpskier

• Baller

My boy skied that tournament. We were in Orlando to ski @ Jack Travers and decided to enter for Saturday. Performance was ok for him considering no skiing since Sept and no practice. Never ran an 8 buoy course and they were very considerate of that with him. Meeting Kris was kind of a big deal for him as well.

• Baller_

Another great weekend at LSP! Mapple Skis demo days on Friday and Saturday. KLP, the designer of the new Mapple T3 was on hand to set up skis, tweak fin settings and binding placements and introduce skiers to the new ski. Team skier (and great guy) Jeff Rodgers drove and co- coached with Kris. Chris Sullivan was on hand. Lots of great skiing and dockside comaradeir.

There is always a lot of fun stuff going on at LaPoint Ski Park. Come take some sets with us ( and try a T3) the next time you're in town.

Lpskier

• Baller

To corroborate @lpskier; yes, it was an awesome T3 experience at LaPoint Ski Park!

Kris LaPoint and Jeff Rodgers were great hosts and of course provided a wealth of experience in coaching tips.

Apparently Square One Distribution has strong intention to continue work with Kris, Jeff, and the rest of the AM T-series skis R&D team to evolve and produce great skis.

It seems like much innovation is taking place in the slalom ski market and the choices in finding one’s preferred ski is growing. The T3 must be added to that list; it’s an incredible ski!

Certainly I’m not nearly qualified to endorse a ski, but feel confident that a lot of these blue T3’s will be showing up at many lakes…globally!

12998714_1273302862697174_63561842360834