Looking for a 2014 MC prostar with 6.2

skihart

• Baller

Hi

I am considering upgrading our 2004 MC 197. I have my eye on a 200 with the 6.0.

However, I did ski the Prostar with Brooks Wilson and really did like it. Less turblence than the 200 and a great pull. My daughter really liked it at slower speeds as well.

I know the 2014's had issues with the 5.7 and transmission. My current boat has a 6.0 so I would like to try to find another with that motor.

If anybody knows of a promo for sale or someone selling one, please let me know.

Thanks

• Baller
The 5.7 wasn't universally an issue. There were some boats with (as I understand it) the wrong transmission. Many of the 5.7L boats were just fine -- in fact a couple of ballers had promos (may still have them) from that year that performed great. So, don't rule out the 5.7, but definitely ski it before you write your check -- could save yourself some real money.

• Baller_
I was fortunate in that my 2014 with the 5.7 hasn't had the transmission issues or the need for the additional vent fan, we're at sea level so getting up to speed on the short set up lakes has not been an issue as well, 145 hours and spotless, $49K includes delivery to the lower 48