91 MC project boat - $3,500

Horton

• Administrators

She ran a few laps today. Perfect times - Perfect Pass. She is dirty and maybe a little smelly but she needs a good home. She skis good. Amazing trick boat. Lots of 38s and 39s have been run behind her back in the day. How many hours? Haaaa a lot.

I had hoped to do a restore project but could not get it funded. It is time to let her go. $3,500.

hu4a0pqhpkjt.jpg

• Baller
For $3,500 you can't go wrong. New Perfect Pass will cost $1,500 alone. If you look for similar year boat with less hours, you will A)Pay more money, and B)find that it was used by a non skier and does not have Perfect Pass in it.

• Baller_
If I lived closer, like even west of the Mississippi, I would be all over it mainly as a project or experiment (test some hydrodynamics theories) mule. The one in the background looks pretty sweet... Good luck selling the MC.

• Administrators

@DW I am pretty sure I am not asking enough but it is what I paid. I have a number of people asking about it.

You are welcome to come take a ride behind the black boat and she is for sale also but I think I need a few more $ for her.

• Administrators

@kstateskier i had the engine and mechanical bits money (sponsorship) lined up (new 5.7 ready for ZO and transmission) but I could not find sponsorship for the rest of the project. New interior, dash, ZO plus the elbow grease needed to make the gel coat shine again.

I wanted @MarcusBrown to do that actual restoration and film it for a multi part flow point film. It would have been cool. Someone can still do it themselves.

• Baller_
Any chance those sponsors you have wanna ship those items to FL and make it happen to a 1997 196? No interior items needed. I have plenty of elbow grease and several video cameras for documentation... MB is welcome to edit footage.

• Baller

Probably better as a slalom tug than a project. By the time one does interior/exterior/dash/motor etc it gets pretty pricey which I'm guessing is why @Horton didn't do the project.

If s'one needed a tug with PP and great wakes there is no cheaper entry...like not even close.

• Administrators

The old girl looks crooked in the water in these photos because I had about 150 pounds of extra wait in the back in the passenger side. I have the cover for the gas tank but no back seat.

viewu10fomky.jpg

ifo8sq9bjz3b.jpg

0z1lhsvqtseh.jpg

• Baller_
Hmmm.. I guess as described, I thought the interior would be much worse. Well worth the money and then some. Heck, if you can find a really good detailer that actually knows how to do gel coat for around $300 and some elbow grease in the inside it would look almost new...done. For less then $4k. That's a heck of a deal. I've seen crap old ski boats that look way worse then that in FL go for more then that on CL.