V-type R size....

Stewy

Hi Ballers,

I am looking at buying a V-type R but would like some input from anyone riding this stick or experienced with it's characteristics. I am 190lbs and usually drop to 185lbs during ski season. The HO chart has the 67" range from 160 to 190lbs and the 68" range from 180 to 240lbs. I currently ride a 2009 A1 67.5" (skied on a 67" radar strada but couldn't dial it in so went back to the A1). I ski at 34mph and run the line to 32 with a couple 35's under my belt. Pb is 2@38. My gut tells me 67" but any feedback would be greatly appreciated before I pull the trigger.

Thanks!!!!!

• Baller
When I ordered mine a few weeks ago they told me that the ski is narrower than past skis (which confuses me because in the explanation of "eliptical rocker" they say that it is wider in the tip and tail) but they told me that because it is narrower, if you are between two sizes you should size down

• Baller
@Stewy I think I spoke to you on the phone today. You could really go either way 67/68 if properly dialed-in. Like I said, I've skied well on the 66, 67 and 68, but the 68 has turned out to be less effort as our water has come up about 10 degrees in the last month, here in WA. Being that you are in Alberta, you might actually like the 67 in colder water more of the time. Again, I think honestly you could go either way. Hope this helps!

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller
175 lbs, 68" V-Type and 4@ 38. Go big and the cross course pull is easier, gives you more time on the opposite edge(pre-turn) to slow down. Plus a bigger ski makes you use the entire ski, not the back half of it....juss sayin.

Thanks everyone for the input! All opinions and info was helpful, yesterday I ordered a green 68". It will take a couple weeks to build and ship up to Canada so I will patiently await it's arrival! Cheers!