Southwest

lpskier

• Baller
If you can keep it under 50 lbs - no charge. You are allowed 2 checked bags, 1 carryone and a small bag for under your seat. If you plan accordingly and spread the weight you can make it work. Every now and then you will run into a clerk that doesn't understand their rules. Recommend finding their policy online and having it printed out in case you need it.

Nashville to WPB, Nashville to San Diego, Nashville to LAX, Nashville to Houston, Nashville to Austin, check in curbside and tip the skycap $20, and never had a problem with SW. I also removed my binders from the slalom and jumpers and put the binders in a second checked bag. Had clothes and such in a carry on. Was able to keep the 92" 3event bag and "equipment" bag under 50lbs each. The times I have been charged was due to being over the 50lbs. Still worth the $20 to the skycap even if you do get charged $50 or so.

• Baller_
So as a follow up, my three event bag at 50 pounds on the button was free on Southwest. No muss no fuss. The hard part was leaving all the unfilled space in order to stay <_ 50'. #iskiconnelly

Lpskier