Graphite v Lithium v Carbon

coxjon

So call me thick, but looking for a steer here.

Looking at new skis and there is the obvious material build differences.......Graphite v Lithium v Carbon. However, is there a clear ride difference when weighing up what material a new ski shuld be made of? Ive only skied on my Senate C (carbon) so unsure what the others would offer.

from what fu_man says, the Lithium model clearly is different due to a lighter core. This also shows in the pricing, especially of the new 2016 Senate.

Im an intemediate skier and sometimes just get a bit bind blown at all the options available.

• Administrators

I will take a swing at this and then @eddie_roberts_jr will correct it.

All the skis come from the same mold. The only difference is the materials. Better materials means a better ski experience. The Lithium has the best possible core and is all carbon. As you add some glass or downgrade to the PU core the ski is a little slower and less snappy.

The Lithium is built with the best stuff money can buy

The Graphite is all carbon but with a downgraded core

The Alloy is a carbon/glass blend with the downgraded core.

So does the Graphite suck? Nope. In fact I sort of wish I had one. It might be a touch more forgiving than the Lithium. Given a choice I would go for the Lithium but if you are learning 15 off get the darn Alloy and spend the left over money on lessons (from Matt Rini).

• Administrators

@303Skier I almost gave you a panda for a nonsensical post. This Thread is about the different versions on the Radar Vapor.

All high end (top of the line) skis are carbon fiber laminate on the outside and PVC (or similar material) core on the inside.

The only exception to this is the super ultra rare WONE from the guys at Warp. That's ski is carbon fiber with no core.

• Baller
Well, Horton is pretty much correct on this one, but I have to say that the Poly Urethane core in the Graphite and Alloy is not necessarily a down grade. For an intermediate skier who skis in iffy conditions it is probably even the better choice. Advanced skiers will definitely appreciate the quicker acceleration of the Lithium Senate whereas the PU core in the Graphite and Alloy will give the skier a tad more time at the finish of the turn to get their act? together. The Senates are built in our own facility in China where only our skis are made under the direct supervision of full time Radar employees. The same carbon fiber laminates are used in all 3 constructions.