Victory Lake Spring Slalom 3C

Gloersen

• Baller

Last Saturday at Victory we were fortunate to have great weather and skiing conditions, great boats, great drivers, good food, and some motivating performances. Some good scores were put up, along with several TB’s!

All behind the ’16 SN 200 with a 5.3 DL and the new (R2) Zero Off single antenna system; the system is dialed in well, no complaints!

Could have just been the excellent driver though, kudos to Roger Clark; a lot of expert pulls during a long turn & burn segment.

The contingent from Okeeheelee and Orlando made for a convivial and quality tournament atmosphere; thanks to all those who participated.

• Baller_
Sorry I missed that one but the Masters was calling again this year. Signing up for your next one. Quality tournament atmosphere and fun is a great description. Helps to have a killer lake.

• Baller

@Gloersen - Hi Peter, thanks for the accolades, I totally enjoyed the tournament (even driving for 2 1/2 hours). There were 5 PBs set that I know about, so I left happy as a driver. As for the 5.3 single puck SN, I do change my setting from B2 to B1 as I feel the boat is slightly stronger now. We had 3 hulls at the last Okeeheelee tournament I skied (SN 5.3, Centurion 6.0, and MC 5.7) where I used B2 on the MC and SC and B1 on the SN and ran 3.5@35 behind all three hulls. I've also skied well behind a 6 liter MB this year, so I'm not too picky about which hull I draw in a tournament these days as they all 4 have a good pull and decent wakes. The SN 200 still hold the advantage in tracking though it's not as big a lead as years past (thankfully).

For those that have not skied at Victory Lakes, the place is stunning. Well protected and you would never know it's there unless you were looking for it. I skied my first tournament at Victory in 1989 (before the lake they use now was dug). My friends Shelby and Anne Coke, and Matt Doll who came up also spoke very highly of the site (Shelby set a PB of 3@39 in the tournament).

We will be back!