Big Dawg Results

skidawg

• Baller
Hat's off to all of these guys. It is easy to get lulled into a sense of complacency that they go out there and run deep set after set all weekend. The athleticism and determination that goes into competing in a BD event is just AMAZING! Congrats to everybody who competed this weekend -- you guys rock!

• Baller

@Edbrazil "Sanction # is 16S087R. I can't quite see why it needs to be an R sanction. Which introduces

the requirement for live boat video. Nice idea, of course, to verify scores. I wonder how well

it is working? " - Since class is Master Men which is considered an Elite division, doesn't this require boat video? Thanks.

@John Brooks and @Edbrazil All Elite divisions (MM, MW, OM, OW) need a boat video for record purposes only for class E (AWSA rules). A boat video is required for world records - of which only OM and OW are recognized.

ULNESS, judge placement is such that it requires boat video. If both shore judges are located in the middle of the lake on the same size, then boat video is needed.

I can't directly address the "R" sanction, but I suspect that the prelim rounds are run under a class L so the scores can hit the world ranking list if needed. At night I can't see class L being run since the end course video would be virtually impossible to use unless they're using some equipment I'm not currently aware of.

Either way, great skiing! And another quality tournament at Okeeheelee!!

• Baller_
This SHOULD be done at the US Open in Orlando since it is a 4 ball course anyway. Anyone have a clean clear video of this I can snag off U-tube or Vemio or something. Want to present it to the director of the event (CBS rep). She is not a skier and has 0 idea what slalom is about. Said it before, even for the average Joe, it would be easy to who won or lost and it looks damn cool