Safety Director and difficulty maintaining ratings

LeonL

• Baller
Hers a good one for those of you that have commented on difficulty in obtaining and maintaining ratings. A guy at our lake has a state safety rating. Comes time for renewal and USAWS insists that he have an up to date first aid certificate. The deal is he's a general surgeon with an advanced cardio life support certification along with an obvious medical license. This happened when he first attempted to get his rating and the previous renewal. After much banter back and forth the person at USAWS relents and says "OK, send me a copy of your medical license". He responds "I' did two,weeks ago". USAWS says "Oh, I guess we lost that". Talk about frustration.

• Baller

Just working on mine...was stubborn for years just frustrated that advanced cardiac life support, advanced trauma life support, a medical license and practice that includes ER was not enough on it's own.

Just attended a safety clinic. Watched first aid and BLS videos, flipped some fellow class-mates over in the water along with the instructor. Submitted all of my credentials.

As I understand it I can "fast track" now which means assistant safety at one tourney instead of 3 in order to become state safety. Not much of a fast track but oh well.