Orlando BYOBoat Ski Club

IheartJump

I've noticed (maybe I'm wrong) that Orlando doesn't have any bring-your-own-boat (or boat-share) style ski clubs (like Okeeheelee / Ski Paradise). I think that's disappointing considering it's the ski capital of the world and these type of clubs are (in my experience) the easiest way to grow access to high-quality skiing.

So... I'm considering starting my own.

The purpose of the post is to find out if there is enough interest and commitment to starting/joining a club like this.

Details are limited because the club doesn't exist yet. I have my eye on a few sites at the moment.

Events: Slalom to start, aspire to have a jump with more $$)

Boat: BYOB or Club Boat (TBD based on prospective membership)

Fees: Depends on membership / club boat ($300-$2,000 per year)

This is a teaser to see the interest; I probably won't post much else to the thread so send me a PM if you would be seriously interested in joining.

• Baller

I don't live in the Orlando area but it sounds like a pretty good idea. I grew up in a club like that in Mass on public water and it was great.

I do know Lapoint Ski Park does have memberships to use their boat at a pretty reasonable price.

• Baller_
Good idea. Leza Harrison's lake (aka The Projects/Wilson Bros) was at one point a ski club. Might not be a bad idea to touch base with her to see what went wrong and right. LaPoints is a ski club and we welcome new members. We have a 2012 Centurian club boat with a 2016 motor. $2000 annual membership plus $10 per set. No jump though due to lake size. Also Ski Paradise in Barstow is a BYOB club. #iskiconnelly

Lpskier

• Baller
I just bought a home in Clermont so that I can ski in the winter. It is 30 minutes from 6 different ski schools, and bringing my boat down from up north every winter was not my idea of fun. My plan is to be there a couple weeks a month for the winter months. A ski club would be a great idea, provided it was close enough. It's hard to beat $35 at either LaPoints, or Active ski however. Other places in the area are much more expensive. By the way, I am renting it out when I am not there. There is an ad under rentals here on BOS.