Slalom Courses near Charlotte (SC side)?

lantley

I live in Fort Mill (slightly south of Charlotte, NC so it is in SC) just a few miles from Lake Wylie. There is a course on the lake but it is semi-private, which means I am "at the mercy" of the owner to decide when I can ski. Does anybody know if and where there are other courses on public or private lakes (that I could set my own schedule with, and pay a little money if necessary) in the Charlotte area? Preferably 30 minutes to an hour maximum from Fort Mill?

• Baller
The one that I know of on Lake Wylie is right by 74 and 485. I'm unsure of others. I've actually never been on Wylie but the course is clearly visible on Google maps. I don't think you can get to the north end of Charlotte in 30-60 min so that limits you, but there is one on Davidson Lake and several others on LKN. I am unsuure where the ones on LKN are.

@gcam4 , Thank you! Could you clarify the location of the course on Lake Wylie? I looked up the intersection of 74 & 485 on Maps and searched the river around that area. I must have been looking in the wrong place, so could you provide a road name or building that is on/close to the shore near the course (for reference)? Thanks again!

• Baller
@lantley - from what I remember it's in the catawba river entering wylie. It's in the 2nd section of that cove. It's right off the end of Paschall road. They may have removed it, I cannot see it on Google anymore, but i know that doesn't mean much. I know they have built some neighborhoods right there and maybe it is no longer a viable location.