Most frustrating aspect of water skiing -- I can't pull myself

• Baller

Two of my ski buddies are out right now due to injuries. One has a new work schedule that only leaves Friday mornings open for him. My brother has been out of town and is supposed to ski with me tomorrow, but his plane was delayed and he probably won't make it back home tonight until early morning hours, thus making him probably have to cancel.

I work from home and have my own business. I don't really like the work, but it gives me a flexible schedule that allows me to ski on weekdays. Weekday mornings are usually pretty good at our public lake, but weekends provide only about a 15-minute window in the morning of good water. My problem is that I have a very difficult time finding people to go with me on weekdays. The thing I dislike most about the sport of water skiing is that you have to have at least one other person available to do it with you (legally we're supposed to actually have two here in California since the state requires a spotter).

Very few of my friends have a flexible schedule that allows weekday skiing along with enough interest to prioritize skiing when they are available. It has become really frustrating for me. Maybe after they nail the driverless cars they will develop driverless boats.

The most frustrating thing for me is moving to a new city and not knowing anyone. Or having a place to ski because its the desert haha thankful for the internet and BOS to help find a ski club near me. Finally will get to ski for the first time in almost exactly a year! Come on Saturday!

• Baller
@TallSkinnyGuy I feel your pain. I work nights and can ski in the day. My boat is on a lift on a public river with 2 courses we maintain. My buddy retired last year where I keep my boat and it was great. Now he started doing side work and I cant always count on him. On weekends plenty of guys. But we have to get on at 6am before the weekend warriors come out.

Funny I was just thinking about this Yesterday! If they can make Zero Off do the speed control, there is no reason we can't make the boat drive in a straight line and auto correct itself based on GPS coordinates. I know it's not as simple as that but it seems very doable.

• Baller
I experience this quite a bit . Im in outside sales , pretty much set my own schedule and often work from home . I have lots of flexibility during the daytime. It pains me sometimes looking out my back window and seeing a glassy lake and no one to ski with !

• Baller
@303Skier I was talking to my ski buddy who has the place at Black Butte ranch. He is a moto guy, but we were talking electric motors. He was considering a Tesla battery and solar system in his new house. Tesla is testing autopilots (obviously with some error, recently tragic) that will get sorted out. Let's get Tesla on it!

• Baller
Although I am sorry for the others who are also in my situation, it is somewhat comforting to know I'm not the only one. If anyone in the Sacramento area gets desperate for ski buddies, feel free to contact me. I live in Auburn and usually take my boat up to Rollins lake in Colfax. Only freeskiing until school starts in August and the crowds die down enough to drop in the portable course.

• Baller
I am lucky I have a ski partner who works from home like I do. We both travel so there are times when one of us is gone but I can usually find a driver. My 17 year old can drive now also so if he is around that is always an option.