California ProAm + Big Dawg + BallOfSpray Cash Prize = Sacramento Ski Fest!

Horton

• Administrators

http://www.ballofspray.com/images/2016/Centurion.png

September 6-7 @ Bell Acqua Lake 3 in Sacramento (Rio Linda), CA
The Centurion BallOfSpray Cash Prize Sacramento event will be held at Bell Acqua Lake 3 on the Tuesday and Wednesday before the California ProAm. These two events together will offer 5 days of nonstop record capable slalom for skiers at all levels.

Click here for more information about the Centurion BallOfSpray Cash Prize

Don't forget: Lake Tahoe, San Francisco and the California wine country are all only an hour drive from Sacramento.

http://www.ballofspray.com/images/2016/b2cf6a_f752ba4c34a943aa99e73f4f7ca3c725-mv2_1.jpg

September 8-10 @ Bell Acqua Lake 1 in Sacramento (Rio Linda), CA

The best water skiers in the world return to Bel Acqua Lakes in Rio Linda (Sacramento), CA for the 2016 14th Annual California ProAm September 8-10. The event will feature the exciting dual boat head to head finals format crowing a champion. Will World Champions and World Record Holders Nate Smith and Regina Jacques be able to defend their titles or will there be a new champion in 2016 from the likes of Freddie Winter and local pro skier Brian Detrick or Manon Costard and Whitney McClintock?

The Ski Nautique Big Dawg World Tour has been added to this year’s event featuring the 4th and final stop. See the top Dawgs battle it out to earn a spot into the finals later in September in West Palm Beach, FL. This event will feature current Big Dawg Champion Jeff Rogers, former Big Dawg and event organizer Greg Badal and many more!

Love Waterskiing come on out a get a front row seat on all the excitement! Bring a chair and some shade, food will be available on site. Limited spaces still open so Register today!

To REGISTER for the event, go to www.CaliforniaProAm.com
Schedule of Events:
Thursday – Big Dawg Prelims / Amateur
Friday – Big Dawg Finals / Pro Men & Women Prelims
Saturday – Pro Men and Women Finals 

Note: "Sacramento Ski Fest!" is not the official name of anything.

• Administrators

This just got more interesting....

Latest entries are Rob Muhlitner & Corey Vaughn. One is a funny old JackHole and one is a member of the 43 off club.

• Administrators

Update. The BallOfSpray Cash Prize event is about 2/3s full. Get your entry in.

Pro and amateur skiers alike will compete for $6,000 in prize money. Each event is comprised of 2 rounds of prelims and a final. Every competitor will ski 3 times and every competitor has an opportunity to take home prize money. The top 16 skiers at each event will compete for $3,000 in a head-to-head final and the remaining skiers will compete for an additional $3,000 in a handicap final.

• Baller
Sorry @Horton, sick days come out of PTO and I already have 1 day committed outside of holidays. I'm also not allowed to utilize any if my days until Oct. 1. "PTO may be used starting the 1st day of the second full month of employment". I started Aug 8th so I don't get credit for August. Definitely a bit if a rip off in the first year.

• Administrators

Entry list is getting interesting. Few Big Dawgs, Few Pros and few Ballers. The head to head is going to be fun.

Real question is who will win the handicap round? My money is on @MAD11 or @SunTenAgain

• Administrators

Pretty happy @Dirt has not entered. It would be painful to watch a pretty French girl kick his ass in the head 2 head.

Wait no I take that back. It really sucks that @Dirt did not enter. It would be awesome to see him go up against Parsons, Vaughn and @twhisper at 36 as well as Dodd, Miller and Larson at 34. Add in Manon plus Superchicken and we have a show.

I guess he would probably sandbag to be in the handicap around. Then I would have to cook the books to make sure he didn't take any money.

• Members

Mid week, during the school year tournaments are difficult to attend. Even though this one is at my home site, I still cannot attend due to work constraints.

If @dirt does attend, @Horton may want to consider using a surfboard leash on the new vapor so he doesn't turn around and find it missing.

• Baller
@horton Now I really better try to ski some this week. I'm feeling pressure with the mention above. I will get some practice at the Shortline event on Sat and Sun. @Superchicken is trying to get ready. Been down since her podium at the Canadian Open sick and had to skip both Nationals and Malibu. I asked if we were coming and she said, "BOS Intergalactic Champions don't miss these events. It's in Horton's bylaws." Plus she heard Buford Danger was going to be there.

• Administrators

Looking at the matchups - it looks like about 11 skiers are going to battling to for the bottom 5 spots in the Head 2 Head. I am assuming that the skiers with the top 11 seeds will all get in.

The skiers on the bubble.

Mike Parsons

Chris Springs

Marc Austin @MAD11

Bailey Austin (aka the SuperChicken)

@Rico Francois

Jeff Goldman

Johnny Haw

George Canepa

Steve Grubbs

Richard Doane

Rich Storelee

The skiers that do not make it in will be skiing for the same money in the Handicap final.

I am sort of worried about Bailey being in the Handicap because she is due for a big 104 but her handicap is currently only 99.5. All the old guys in the field would about die if a pretty little Texas girl took home all the money.

• Administrators

Actually I think it would be best for those guys to sandbag in the first 2 rounds so they do not have to ski against Manon Costard in the H2H. The only thing worse than a pretty Texas girl taking your money in the handicap round would be a pretty french girl kicking your ass by a whole pass in the H2H.

(Now I understand why @dirt is not signed up)